Monday, May 7, 2012

What I have been up to . . .

I think we have most of the boxes unpacked now, but these are a few of the projects I have tacked the last month or so.

Here is our family masterpiece.  I have wanted to do something like this for a long time, and we needed a rather large painting for over our gas insert mantle thing, so I went to Michaels and bought a 3 feet by 4 feet canvas and here we are:

Top row: Dan, Ben, Emma Middle Row:Gabriella, family, Eliza Bottom Row: Gideon, family, Jennifer
We have smaller rooms here than we did in our house in Cheyenne. We also got used to having awesome organized closets that the builder put in for us. I looked at closet organizers, but they were going to be pretty pricey for what I wanted to do, so I did it myself.  I should have taken a before picture, but it is definitely too late now.  Before it was just a bar that went all the way across with a shelf above it. I raised that shelf built the middle shelf cubbies and then installed more removable shelves on the right.  I added a half way bar and there is hanging space for longer objects on the left that you can't see.  I still need to work with the boys on organizing it a little more, but I'll get too that eventually.  

 Spring comes a little earlier here than it did in Wyoming.  We started with some peas and spinach that seem to be doing well.  We planted a couple tomato plant and a pepper plant here.  We also planted a tomato in a whiskey barrel on the balcony off our bedroom upstairs. 
 These are some of our starts.  We had more, but they took a dive off the ledge and were no more.  We have been pleased with our grow light and hope that the fact they get some sun being next to the window will help them with the transition to being outside when the time comes.
 And of course, we can't forget Gabriella.  sometimes it feels like most of my day is spent entertaining her, but we are able to work on projects and we have fun being together.  I just hope she doesn't get too bored with me.

No comments: