Thursday, March 18, 2010

Service

I have been feeling a little down in the dumps lately. I think it might have to do with the weather. Around this time of year I feel like spring should be coming, but here in Wyoming we still have to wait a couple more months. Anyway, on Saturday I received an e-mail saying a lady in our ward needed someone to babysit for her. Of course at first I thought of all of the reasons why I couldn't do it and then I decided to volunteer. I watched her kids all day and invited them over for dinner that night. It was a very long day to be followed by Enrichment (or whatever they call it now) after the day, but I feel so good today. I think the idea of losing yourself in service is really good. I'm not saying I am a great person or anywhere near it. I just wanted to share the joy I felt from helping someone out. Now if only I can remember this the next time I am down in the dumps:).

No comments: