Saturday, February 6, 2010

Emma is 10!

Emma had a Birthday Party!! She wanted a Rainforest Theme, so we decorated with "vines" and big "leaves". 
They painted boxes. These are our kids boxes. We forgot to take a picture of all the girls' boxes. They did a great job and were all very beautiful. 
She had an elephant cake which Dan and I had fun making the night before.
They played pin the beak on the toucan.
They also played pass the fire ant (hot potato).
And of course, we had a snake pinata, that unfortunately for eveyone but Emma, broke on the birthday girl's first hit. Next time we'll use more layers of paper mache.

I think everyone had a good time. One of the girls even said it was her best birthday party ever as she was leaving. I'm just glad it is over. I've got 3 more months until Gideon's. Then we'll have 3 more months after Gideon's until Eliza's and then we have 2 months after her's until Ben's. They are spread out pretty well which is nice for Mom and Dad to recoop.

1 comment:

Grandma Pam said...

Happy Birthday, Emma!!! Congratulations. What a fantastic idea for a party. The elephant birthday cake looks awesome! The games sound like they were really fun. It was neat to paint the boxes, and everyone had something to take home and remember the day!
Love you all!