Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Homeschooling Day 1
Okay, I am sitting here after a day of homeschooling, wondering "What was I thinking?" We are waiting for materials to arrive, but the principal of the Virtual School assured me we would find plenty to do. We found a lot to do, but all of it required adult help. So today I sat and helped Emma through everything while trying to entertain Gideon and take care of Gabby. Needless to say I'm a bit overwhelmed (and exhausted). I felt like Emma was wanting me to entertain her all day long. I think (hopefully) it will be better after her materials arrive (3-10 days) and we don't have to print everything off of the computer. The curriculum seems very well put together and once we have the hang of it, I think we will really like it. It just takes time to get used to new things. Emma is still really excited about homeschooling and she likes everything being tailored to her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sorry I didn't get you called back today. I do still want that stuff. Thank you!! I will call you tomorrow. Sounds like Gideon and Gabby need to come play at my house for a bit while you get Emma settled. I am sure once she gets more familiar with it all she'll be off and running! Good luck!
I've been homeschooling Nathan and Mary since August, and with Joseph running around demanding attention, some days still have me asking, "what was I thinking?!" I can imagine throwing a newborn into the mix... Remember, too, she is used to being told what to do every step of the day and as she gets used to your routine, she'll be able to do more on her own. I'm sure you'll all do great.
Post a Comment